The overarching goal is to Multiply. This is the mountain that we want to climb together.
We want to see every Disciple, Leader & Church Multiplying.
4 Areas we want to see multiply:
- Prayer: Prayer is the foundation. The only way that this movement of the gospel will happen is if there is first a prayer movement.
- Disciples: Disciples that multiply disciples. The only way that movements of the gospel will happen is by engaging the whole body of Christ.
- Leaders: Leaders set the depth and direction. The only way that movements of the gospel will happen is by having leaders with deep roots that invest in other leaders.
- Churches: Churches must multiply, not maintain. The only way that movements of the gospel will happen is when churches focus on building THE kingdom, not THEIR kingdom.
Essential Activities (under each of the 4 areas):
God is the one that determines the speed of the multiplication. However, there are things that we can do to help or hinder multiplication.
Focusing on the Essential Activities leads to multiplication by:
1. Removing any hindrances which allows God’s power to flow as freely as possible.
2. Identifying activities we need to START DOING.
3. Filtering out activities we need to STOP DOING. Some activities don’t lead to multiplication. Adding too many activities, programs or materials takes the focus away from the essential activities and can hinder multiplication.
Questions (along the sides of the mountain):
Asking the questions: “What Next?” and “Who Next” helps us to stay missional in our thinking.
Who is in need of a gospel witness next?
Climbing the mountain together:
It is my heart to see every disciple, leader & church multiplying.
Through God’s blessing this will become a reality.
Someone once said: “There are enough GOOD things to do to keep us busy for 26 hours a day. Our job is to find the BEST things.”
If we want to see Multiplication happen in our city, country and region...these are the best things.
We use this diagram like a filter to decide how to invest our time & energy.
Each ministry is evaluated by this question: Does this lead to or assist in multiplication?
Activity is not the goal. Busyness is not the goal. Doing the best things, the essential things that help us move towards multiplying prayer, disciples, leaders and churches is the goal.
Let’s climb this mountain together by encouraging each other to focus on the essentials and keeping our eyes on the goal of multiplying!